Join us as Trainer
This position provides training for operation level employees in a variety of methods. The Trainer will ensure that employees are trained to perform their job duties using best practices, and are capable of adhering to operational process requirements, quality, and efficiency. Through the course of their duties, the Trainer will be expected to design, create, develop, and implement SOPs, proper documentations, and various training initiatives to ensure the ongoing success of the company and our employees.
The Trainer will be expected to design, create, develop, and implement internal audit program to ensure all employees are trained following the proper procedure in place, using the correct SOPs and following the correct documentation process and any deviation are corrected accordingly to ensure the ongoing success of the company and our employees.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Post-secondary graduate with effective writing skills and communication skills; training in a related field would be considered a strong asset.
Minimum 7 years of direct work experience working in a Trainer capacity in a manufacturing / industrial setting.
Direct knowledge training methodologies.
Direct experience assessing training needs, creating training materials to fulfill those needs, and then delivering the training.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
Demonstrated ability to train, coach, evaluate, and improve others.
Able to custom-fit training materials around individual needs.
Excellent listening, observing, and questioning skills.
Motivated, energetic, goal-oriented, and positive outlook critical.
Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of learning
Knowledge of motivational, perceptual, and emotional forces and how they affect the learning process.
Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to multi locations within the Greater Toronto Area.
Strong organizational skills.
Strong time management and prioritization skills.
Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and other stakeholders.
Proficiency in Technical Writing Skills
- Responsible for developing, administering, and implementing company-wide training programs for the operations department.
- Serves as the coordinator to successfully onboard new employees within the operations department.
- Responsible for supporting workshop creation and coordination, as well as the management of subject matter and course materials.
- Provide leadership for developing and directing training initiatives for operations business units.
- Maintain awareness of new training methodologies and make recommendations for their implementation.
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company training programs by all employees and subcontractors.
- Identify relevant training needs, documentation, and opportunities.
- Lead, then, deliver and selection of web-based training and videos.
- Point of contact for management and other employee groups on a broad range of training initiatives
- Design training standards to conform to industry standards and best practices
- Develop and implement/recommend programs by reviewing areas, equipment, processes, and work activities.
- Responsible for developing, administering, and implementing company-wide internal audit program to ensure that all employees are trained and re-trained following the proper SOPs, correct documentation procedure and the company-wide training programs for the operations department.
- Responsible to implement and execute internal audits program and schedule to verify conformance to requirements defined on the company-wide training programs for the operations department.
- Responsible to implement a corrective action plan when training processes are not operating effectively.
- SOP Writer
- Responsible to create and/or upgrade standard operating procedures (SOP) as a set of step-by-step instructions compiled by the organization to help workers carry out routine operations.
- Responsible to use the SOPs created to achieve efficiency, quality output, and uniformity of performance, while reducing miscommunication and failure to comply with the company and industry regulations.
- Responsible to develop and implement technical documentations, procedures, training material and other documentation related to SOPs and training program.
- Track participant enrolment, progress, marks, and other information by maintaining a database.
- Support operational activities and assist in attaining department metrics and objectives.
- Direct and review the training data, identifying the needs for new or modified training programs.
- Research training information to assure the best available methods are adopted.
- Actively ensure training records are accurate and kept up-to-date.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting training metrics.
- Adapt training techniques to the learning style of the operational staff.
- Provide input on cross-training strategies
- Develop and assist in the implementation of Continuous and Process Improvement ideas.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and skills of training policy/SOP’s/documentation
- Influence direction, make recommendations, and offer solutions in working with both the operations staff and supervisors.
- Perform training needs analysis by assessing the skill level, performance, and competence of each learner.
- Responsible to create and maintain SOP records and all documentation required will dictate the usability and value of this new system, and ensure all required documentation is complete, accessible, and accurate.